Sale items sold 'as is' in the existing condition, deemed acceptable by Journey East at the clearance price. The product cannot be returned or exchanged.
This is a webshop-exclusive clearance item. The product will not be displayed in the showroom.
Light surficial scratches on seat. No visible scratches on brass legs and base. Brand new piece. See photos for details.
Unbridled and light at the same time, the Pupa armchair supports and suspends its enveloping volume on a base with a thin brass structure, which enhances its sensual elegance.
Designer Andrea Branzi reverses the concept of the collection as a unique technical and decorative theme, declined in several elements: his objects for Qeeboo travel in different directions, both for their identity as for construction technique, rotational or by injection, but placed together in a domestic interior to create a constantly evolving life scene.
Colour: Black, for indoor use only.
Dimensions 87cm x 78cm x 84cm (LxDxH)
About the designer
Andrea Branzi, architect and designer, was born in Florence in 1938, where he graduated in 1966. He has been living and working in Milan since 1973.
From 1964 to 1974 he took part in the group Archizoom Associates, the first internationally renowned avant-garde architecture group, whose projects are today conserved at the University of Parma’s Research Facility and Archive of Communication; his thesis and several projects are conserved at the Georges Pompidou Center in Paris.
Branzi is the co-founder of the Domus Academy, the first international post-lauream design school, and author of several books about history and the theory of design, of which he also curated several design exhibitions in Italy and abroad.
In 1987 he added the prestigious “Compasso D’Oro” Award to his already-illustrious career.
He’s now the professor and principal of the world-famous Interior and Product Design department at the Politecnico di Milano.
A delivery charge of $90 is not included, to be paid separately.
Free local delivery for purchases over $1000. Separate carry-up and disposal charges may apply. More details available here.
For overseas orders, please contact our sales team to make arrangements. We will not capture any card payment for overseas orders for large items.
For self-collection from our warehouse:
1) Our sales team will contact you directly to arrange a date/time, and advise on the exact unit number
2) Collection is only available at these times:
- Monday-Friday: 2pm-3pm
- Saturday: 10am-11am
3) Please bring along a print-out of your confirmation email for verification
4) You will need to provide your own:
- manpower (to carry item out of warehouse unit)
- wrapping materials (e.g. shrink wrap, bubble wrap)
- installation (no instructions provided)
5) Our warehouse team is only able to assist with the collection. For product or sale-related enquiries, contact the showroom.
6) All clearance items are sold ‘as is’, and once accepted/collected, cannot be returned or exchanged.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.